The Association of Licensed Guides for Lower Austria was founded in 2002.
It consists only of members that have absolved an intensive theoretical and practical training and passed the 3 extensive state examinations.
Besides through the official license one can recognize a certified austriaguide by the silver badge with the name of the guide.
The non-profit Association sees its purpose in aspiring the following goals:
- Preservation and promotion of high quality tourism through continuous education
- Securing future perspectives of the tourist guide business.
- Mediation, preservation and care of cultural assets in Austria
- Prevention of illegal practices or unfair competion .
- President: Mag. Elisabeth Jonasch-Preyer
- Vice President: Mag. Barbara Specht-Godai
- Treasurer: Mag. Andrea Maschke-Goldmann
- Treasurer substitute: Mag. Petra Choc, Msc.
- Secretary : Dr. Christine Triebnig-Löffler
- Secretary substitute: Brigitte Kenscha-Mautner
- Further education AGA: Mag. Monika Hauleitner